Monday, May 4, 2009

Zion

I set my eyes on the vast horizon
As I walk on a path filled with thorns
My feet bleed and I stain the rough soil beneath me
But in my heart joy overflows.

Why do I not feel the pain?
Why do I not see the wounds and scars?
As I pass them by they cry to me
"Look," they say, "Your clothes are soiled,
your body bruised and wounded."

They shout and scream with all their might
But I do not hear the slightest whisper.
What is God that he has such power?
His love has blinded me,
His grace has left me deaf and numb.

All the ugliness in the world I cannot see
All the pain and frustration I cannot feel.
Why is my heart so steadfast and strong
When everyone else believes it shouldn't be so?
The world has prepared the grave for me to lie in

But I have not known a heart more alive--
A sould that breathes God's love,
A mind that seeks His mind,
A life so satisfied.

There is nothing else I see but the glory of my Father's greatness
Nothing else I feel but his unfailing love and strength.
I have run the race on a ground of thorns
And all the world sees my wounds
But my eyes are ever set on my goal.

Though I walk with chains my heart feels free
The shadow of the world is blinding
and yet I cannot help but see
All this time Jesus has carried me on his shoulders
and has run the race for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment